Sunday, February 14, 2010

am i really all the things that are outside of me?


Animal Collective dominated the "Top of 2009" charts this year. "My Girls" was recognized over and over again as the top song of the past year (and rightfully so - what a beautiful song!), while MPP also received top honors in the Album of the Year categories released by many publications. Out of the many rankings lists published, I have included Pitchfork's Top Songs and Top Albums lists in the post below, only because I'm interested to hear your opinions on these lists, since they were compiled by Pitchfork and all.

Anyways, I was wanting to put out a quick blurb about AC, even before I saw these lists. I have fallen in love with AC, and yet I still haven't heard that much of their music - it excites me to think that they have so much music that I can explore :).

I first heard AC when I listened to My Girls; I quickly became obsessed, listening to the song on repeat! A couple of their other songs have come and gone in my Itunes playlists - Derek, Brother Sport - but the song of theirs that has truly captivated me is Taste. When I told my friend this last week, he was astonished - he thinks Brother Sport is by far their best song from MPP - and maybe it is, who's to judge? I'm just here to say give Taste a listen. MAN it's a great song - the whole thing through and through. I personally prefer the album version, but also check out the link to the live version that I've included - it's a bit more abstract, which kind of makes it a bit more fascinating.

Animal Collective - "My Girls" (.mp3 file)
Animal Collective - "Taste" (.mp3 file)
Animal Collective - "My Girls" music video (YouTube link)
Animal Collective - Live Version of "Taste" (YouTube link)

No comments:

Post a Comment